If you go to your Facebook page settings you will see that there is an option to add ‘Impressum’ to Facebook page descriptions. Recently Facebook added this feature for its pages.
What is Impressum
‘Impressum’ is a Latin word adopted in German; which means ‘Imprint’, ‘Credits’, ‘Legal Disclosure’, ‘Legal Notice’ or ‘Statement of Ownership’. It’s basically a fancier word of ‘about us’ and ‘Terms of Conditions (TOS)’ pages.
In many countries; for any App, Website, Online services or others Impressum page or section is required by law. Germany, Austria, Switzerland are among several countries where it’s required by law.
However; Impressum should be written in accordance with your local law.
You can add Impressum on your Facebook page. For this just follow these instructions below;
- Write the Impressum that describes your page/website/App in accordance with your local law.
- At the top of your Page, click ‘Edit Page’. Select ‘Update Page Info’.
- Type the information you’re required to disclose in the Long Description section.
- Click Save Changes.
How to Write Impressum for Facebook Page
Any Impressum section generally has these kinds of basic information regarding your Facebook page;
- Name of your Business or Organization
- Address of the organization.
- The contact information, phone number, fax number, e-mail.
- Name of the owner or manager of the page and the organization.
- Registration and license number(s).
- Links to your official website’s Impressum page.
This are just basic information and more information will require depending on your business and it’s service type and the established law of your country.
People will be able to see this information when they click the ‘About’ link below your Page’s profile. The limit for ‘Impressum’ in you Facebook page is 2000 characters.
Here are some real examples of Facebook Page Impressum or Imprint.