Livefyre in one of the several options for adding a third party comments section in your Blogger blog. People like it or now, they cannot deny the fact that Livefyre comments loads faster then it’s competitors.
Because of it’s easy to implement and use, live comments, social sharing and more; bloggers like to use it.
Let’s look at a few positive and negative features of the Livefyre comment.
- Unlike few of its competitors; Livefyre is fast to load. Creates no additional pressure in the users’ browser and loads after all items above are loaded.
- Live comments. Comments are published immediately and no refreshing of your window in the browser is not required.
rel='nofollow'is not added in all the links.
- Many feel it has a very pale and dull look.
- No pre-publish comment moderation. Comments will be published immediately and you will not be able to monitor them. However, you can delete them later.
There are many things to be said about Livefyre and you should check out all available alternatives for third party comments system in blogger. Now let’s see exactly how to run Livefyre comment system in your Blogger blog.
Step-1: Open a Livefyre Comments Account and Get the Code
- Go to livefyre.com/install.
- Insert you sites URL in “Your Site URL” box and click on custom in the “Platforms”. And then Sign in or Sign up to Livefyre.
- Also save the developer information given along with the code.
Step-2: Disable Blogger Comments
It’s optional but strongly recommended that you disable your default blogger comment section before adding any third party comment section to your blog. For that;
- Go to Blogger Dashboard > Settings > Posts and comments.
- In the “Comments” settings, Change the option to hide for “Comment Location”.
- Click “Save” in the top right of the window.
Step-3: Add Livefyre Comment Code in Blogger
Now we got the code lets add it to the blogger blog. Actually, you can add and load the Livefyre comments system in any place of your blog. But as it should be you want to add it below your post.
- Go to Blogger Dashboard > Template and backup your template by clicking backup and restore.
- Now search for
<b:includable id='comments' var='post'>;.
- Just before closing
<b:includable id='comments' var='post'>paste the
<div id="livefyre-comments"></div>from the lifefyre comment code like this.
<b:includable id='comments' var='post'> <div class='comments' id='comments'> ....... </div> <div id="livefyre-comments"></div> </b:includable>
- Now search for
- Save the template and you have successfully added a Livefyre comment to your Blogger blog.
Now moderation work like deleting, selecting featured comments are easy and can be done form the Livefyre comment section.
For more word go the admin console (livefyre.com/admin/content) of your account. Here you can easily monitor and change the setting of your comment box. Such are to enable or disable the Guest Commenting just go the admin console > setting > moderation settings > guest commenting.
Hope all information here helped you in choosing and using Livefyre comments in your blog. Feel free to put forward any question of yours and I will try to answer them.